Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Cessna T206H Turbo Stationair, N562H: Accident occurred February 08, 2016 at Billings Logan International Airport (KBIL), Yellowstone County, Montana


NTSB Identification: WPR16LA073
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Accident occurred Monday, February 08, 2016 in Billings, MT
Aircraft: CESSNA T206H, registration: N562H
Injuries: 1 Minor.

This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed. NTSB investigators may not have traveled in support of this investigation and used data provided by various sources to prepare this aircraft accident report.

On February 8, 2016, about 1130 mountain standard time, a Cessna T206H, N562H, veered off of the runway after landing at Billings Logan International Airport (BIL), Billings, Montana. The pilot, sole occupant, sustained minor injuries and the airplane sustained substantial damage throughout. The airplane was registered to, and operated by, the pilot under the provisions of 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 91 as a personal flight. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed for the flight, and no flight plan was filed. The flight originated from Red Reflet Ranch Airport (WY00), Ten Sleep, Wyoming at about 1030.

The pilot reported that shortly after landing, the airplane suddenly veered sharply to the left. During the turn, the airplane's right landing gear strut fracture separated, and the wheel assembly departed the airplane. The airplane exited the left side of the runway surface and came to rest on the grass adjacent to the runway.

The airplane was moved to a secure location for further examination.

FAA Flight Standards District Office: FAA Helena FSDO-05

BILLINGS - In case you missed it:

A call came in around 11:45 a.m. Monday that a Cessna 206, a single engine plane, tipped over at Billings Logan International Airport. The plane fell off the runway, leaning on its wing. There was substantial damage to the single-engine plane, but the pilot was not injured.

The plane was coming from a ranch in Wyoming. There was no significant disruption to airport operations. Airplanes scheduled for a noon arrival circled the airport for 30 minutes and then landed with no problem.

The incident is currently being investigated by the Federal Aviation Administration.

Source:  http://www.kulr8.com

No comments: